Jewelry is often seen as a woman’s domain, but the truth is that there are plenty of men who love to wear jewelry too. It can be an expression of their personality or just something they like to do for themselves. However, as with any accessory, there are some mistakes men make when it comes to wearing jewelry and we want you to avoid these at all costs! Here are 7 mistakes that you should watch out for:
Mistake #1 Not Wearing Jewelry With Confidence
When it comes to wearing jewelry, there are a lot of mistakes men make. Perhaps the biggest mistake is not wearing jewelry with confidence. If you’re not sure how to wear jewelry or what looks good on you, don’t be afraid to ask for help from a friend or stylist. There are also plenty of online resources that can help you choose the right pieces of jewelry for your look. By following these tips, you’ll be able to wear jewelry with confidence and look great every time!
Mistake #2 Not Paying Attention to Situation
If you’re like most men, you probably make this mistake on jewelry wearing that don’t put a lot of thought into what jewelry you wear. You might just grab whatever is on the top of your dresser and call it good. But if you want to look your best, you need to pay more attention to the situation and the type of jewelry that will work best with it. Just like with any other article of clothing, what you wear and how you wear it matters depending on the occasion. For example:
- Funerals – at a funeral, you’ll want to wear something more understated like a simple necklace or ring.
- Weddings – at a wedding, you’ll want to go all out with the jewelry. Try wearing a nice watch, cufflinks, and a tie clip.
- Job Interviews – for a job interview, it’s best to err on the side of caution and go with something conservative. A simple tie clip or necklace will do the trick.
Mistake #3 Over-Accessorizing
If there’s one thing I’ve learned in my life, it’s that less is more. When it comes to fashion, I prefer wearing simple pieces that can easily be mixed and matched. But there are some people who seem to disagree with me on this point – they believe that the more accessories you wear, the better. In my opinion, this often leads to over-accessorizing, which can make you look cluttered and messy. Here are three tips for avoiding over-accessorizing:
- Choose quality pieces instead of quantity;
- Stick to a few tried-and-true combinations;
- Simplify your look by removing one accessory at a time.
Mistake #4 Wearing Jewelry Unbalanced
It’s no secret that accessorizing can make or break an outfit. While there are some basic guidelines to follow when it comes to selecting the right jewelry to wear, there is also a good deal of personal preference involved. Ultimately, the goal is to create a look that is balanced and flattering. So, how do you know if you’re wearing too much or not enough jewelry? Here are a few tips to help you find your perfect balance.
- The first thing you’ll want to consider is the overall amount of jewelry that you’ve chosen for your outfit. Ideally, you should have one item of each category (bracelets, rings, necklaces and earrings) in addition to any additional pieces like a watch or pendant necklace. The exception would be if an ensemble has only two main pieces (like a suit and tie), in which case one earring, bracelet or necklace would suffice.
- Set your outfit apart by choosing pieces that are unique to you: special stones like opals, pearls with beautiful details, rare metals such as platinum or palladium instead of gold… the options are endless! It doesn’t necessarily have to be expensive, either. A beautiful ring you inherited from your family will mean more than the most intricate new design on all four fingers and both thumbs!
- Be mindful of the accessories you choose: they can be stock pieces, but if possible, add some personal touches to them. I’ve seen many men wear two identical rings on both hands (one wedding ring and one classically designed band), which is fine because it’s their choice…but a man wearing multiple bracelets or necklaces that all look the same is just plain tacky. A watch with a leather band, or even a simple bangle will look great on your wrist…and it’s something you can wear everyday!
Mistake #5 Not Choosing Best Pieces of Jewelry for Your Skin Tone
Ever since we could pick out our own clothes, the issue of finding the best colors and styles to wear has been important. It’s especially true when it comes to accessories like jewelry.Different skin tones require different pieces of jewelry in order to look their best. Here are some tips on choosing the right jewelry for your skin tone!
- If you have a light skin tone, then you’ll want to wear pieces that have silver or gold in them. These colors will complement your skin and make it look brighter. Avoid wearing jewelry with too much black on it, as this will only make you look paler.
- If you have a darker skin tone, then it’s best to stick with jewelry that has silver or gold in them as well. You’ll want to avoid wearing pieces that are too light such as white and yellow (unless of course they’re diamonds!).
Mistake #6 Assuming That All Jewelry Is Feminine
Unless you’re living under a rock, you know that the jewelry industry is booming. Rings, necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and watches are being made and sold at record numbers. But what you may not realize is that many of these pieces of jewelry are considered “feminine” and are meant for women only. While it’s certainly true that most women enjoy wearing Jewelry, there are many men who also love to accessorize with different types of jewelry. In fact, some pieces of jewelry can be worn by either gender. So don’t assume that all jewelry is feminine – there are plenty of options out there for men too!
Mistake #7 Not Wearing Jewelry In Proportion To Your Body
When deciding what to wear, it is important to consider the overall look you are trying to achieve. This means that everything from your clothes to your accessories should be in proportion with your body. One thing that can easily throw off this balance is wearing too much jewelry. Here are a few tips for wearing jewelry in proportion to your body.
1) Wear Smaller Jewelry For A Larger Body
This might seem like an oxymoron, but it is true. If you have a larger body frame then you should avoid wearing jewelry that overpowers your appearance. Instead, go for smaller pieces! This will make the rest of your outfit appear bigger and help balance out a large torso or limbs.
Pros: The smaller pieces of jewelry will make the rest of your outfit appear bigger. This helps balance out a larger body frame, making it appear more proportionate and balanced!
Cons: Some big men might not want to wear thin or delicate jewelry because they do not think it is masculine enough for their tastes.
2) Wearing Too Much of the Same Thing
Just as with any other aspect of fashion, don’t overdo it when it comes to jewelry. You want your overall look to be cohesive, not cluttered. If you are wearing several pieces of jewelry on one arm or leg for example, it can quickly become too overwhelming and distracting.
3) Wearing Too Much Bling
Just because you can wear lots of bling doesn’t mean that you should. If your jewelry is large and flashy, it will take away from the rest of your outfit instead of complementing it. It might also be too much for a casual setting or event such as work or school (unless it’s a dressy work or school event).
Read the Latest from SenseOrient
- 6 Tips to Help You Buy a Quality Backpack
- 5 Simple Touches to Add to Your Beauty Routine This Year
- 15 Lessons I Learned As An Entrepreneur: How To Succeed In Business
- 10 Well-Known Designers of Jewelry: A Guide for the Fashionably Savvy
- 7 Mistakes Men Make That Kill Their Confidence
Jewelry is a great way to accessorize and express yourself. Knowing what styles work best for you, your lifestyle, and the occasion can help make this process easier. If you’re not sure where to start or if you’ve made some mistakes on men’s jewelry wearing along the way, allow us to help! Our team of experts at SenseOrient are happy to provide advice on choosing jewelry that suits any man’s taste. Contact our store today with questions about how we can find something special just for you!